Research and Development
Head of Engineering
12th April 2021
£70 - £80
- Master or PhD in Control Engineering, with interest in Robotics and Autonomous Systems.
- 5+ years of experience (academia or industry) in Control System Design and implementation to real systems
- Good knowledge and experience of Control Theory (modelling & simulations, performance analysis, closed loop control methods, state estimation and disturbance observers)
- Proficiency in Matlab and Simulink
- Good knowledge of C++, ROS, Gazebo
- Familiarity/knowledge of data driven control methods
- Knowledge of data processing (Python)
- Familiarity with PX4 Autopilot (ideally for drones)
The candidate will work within a multi-disciplinary team of engineers with the following main knowledge areas: Aeronautical/Mechanical, Electronics, Software & AI, Control/Autonomy
Daily activities are organised on Projects Teams.
- Familiarise with current UAS system as well as its control strategy
- Develop, expand and improve the current control model and/or strategy
- Ownership of processes and tools for analysis and traceability of UAS’ control performance and robustness.
STING Industries Limited is a dynamic tech start-up, developing exciting new Unmanned Aerial Systems and associated technologies in the Defence Industry.
Well situated in a rapidly expanding industry, our vision is to disrupt Defence by making it attractive to the best technical and ethical talents to work on the frontlines of the defence industry of tomorrow, with its world-leading INHIBITOR Drone Ecosystem based on Technology-First and Ethics-By-Design approaches.
Working with STING Industries means being part of a clever, hardworking, international, diverse and inclusive team that is driven by results.
We are very proud of our team culture where we like to innovate, learn from our mistakes, celebrate our successes and most importantly have fun together along the way.
We are looking for an experienced Control Engineer who is excited to work in a high-tech company and develop new technologies.
The candidate will have a high level of confidence in building model-based design for control and dynamic systems, understanding of real systems and performances as well as the transition from one to the other.
The candidate is also expected to have good discipline of software development, including but not limited to version control, software development lifecycle, GitHub and project management tools (Projects, Asana, Jira).
He/She will be comfortable to adapt knowledge acquired from past experiences/sectors in order to appropriately transfer it to new developments.
Being a young and dynamic company, we give our team ownership and freedom, as well as responsibilities, to meet our objectives. This means that the team is expected to be ready to go the “extra mile”.